Congratulations on your engagement!
We are very happy to explore with you the possibility of getting married in one of our churches. For this to be possible, you need to either:
- Live in the Parish of Englefield Green
- be on our electoral roll
- or to have what is called a qualifying connection. (see below)
Even if you cannot demonstrate any of the above connections, we would still like to help you explore what possibilities there might be.
If you are marrying elsewhere but live in our parish, we shall be glad to publish your banns of marriage and to support you as you prepare for the wedding, and afterwards too.
If you would like to explore any of these possibilities, please get in touch and we’ll be glad to tell you more.
You have a qualifying connection if you can show that one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised in our parish or
- was prepared for confirmation in our parish or
- has at any time regularly attended normal church services in one of our churches for a period of at least 6 months
or that one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in our parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly attended normal church services in one of our churches for a period of at least 6 months
or that one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish
In all cases involving church services – i.e. going to normal church services, baptism, confirmation or marriage – this applies only to Church of England services.
Please note that we do not normally conduct weddings in Lent, i.e. from Ash Wednesday until the day before Easter Day.